Heart

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Not the Weather :(

Went to get the results from the MRI done Friday yesterday; and sadly, it wasn't the best news.  Not yet the worst news, but will have to have a Perfusion MRI done next Tuesday to hopefully pin point what is going on.
 The MRI showed "activity" in the Parietal Lobe that is located right behind the temporal lobe that was removed because of tumor.  This "activity" was not there in any other prior MRI and is not showing up as large as Janet.  So what it could be is inflammation.  The Perfusion MRI (Perfusion is defined as the passage of fluid through the lymphatic system or blood vessels to an ... More recent developments in CT and MRI have meant clearer images and solid data, such as graphs depicting blood flow, and blood volume) - yep, didn't help me understand it anymore either.  

But....the AWESOME DR. Waghela already has a plan in place!!!!  She recommends radiation if it's anything but inflammation so we can knock the f'ing cancer out of my brain hopefully FOREVER!!!!   And she answered almost ALL of my questions....you know why???  Because she asked my same questions to the Team Board mtg (meeting with her group of neurosurgeon, neurologist, and a couple others, similar to Graham's Transplant team meetings).  Headaches, vision and mouth issues are because during surgery, Dr. Meyrat not only had to cut the muscle, he had to flap it over (barf) just to get to the temporal lobe, therefore, headaches are definitely expected. Apparently he told me this before...and apparently, he showed me the picture of it, and didn't pass out....WINNING!

On top of all this, I thought I came down with the flu....different type headaches (more of pressure) not knife stabbing, with fever and aches...flu...right???  NOOOOOOOO It can never be that easy, not for me.  Of course, I get a Bladder Infection - how the heck to you get one of those!!!!  The sheer amount of water I drink in a day and consequently go to and from the bathroom, how in the world!?!  But why not...lets add something else.  Last night I went through some of the worst pain I have ever experienced.  I almost made my momma take me to the ER.

Praying for Inflammation...praying Janet didn't leave any Janet siblings or babies in my brain.   I'm scared again, but at ease too, My Neuro Oncologist is so on top of this, I trust her completely and she makes me feel safe and a hopeful again.  This does take my quest for normalcy back a few steps: ( but...on a good note - ADHD and OCD are showing signs of return...yay, when you live your life for so long a certain way, with different strategies and coping mechanisms for said ADHD/OCD  you almost forget how to function without them.  Luckily, I know the right people to call at midnight and cry to when I stare at a piece of paper that I should know like the back of my hand (such a cliche phrase....does anyone really know the back of their hand without looking at it?).  Yes, I did this, and  my sister in law Andrea came to my rescue and sorted out all the insurance paperwork I still need to complete on Graham.  

SOOOO many people that I am completely indebted to and will live my life making it up out of pure joy...because they have all saved my life in more ways than one.  XOXO

2 comments:

  1. You've got this girl! And you have a HUGE army behind you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people are praying for you and J. I love you.

    ReplyDelete