Heart

Monday, February 13, 2017

OUCH- I feel bad for Frankenstien

I've got STAPLES...I am Frankenstein, and not the pretty monster high one.


Call me an idiot....but I had no clue that when I was going in for a biopsy last week, I went in for brain surgery...again.  I heard biopsy and I thought - oh, really big needle that will be able to penetrate through my skull and suck out a little bit of those Janet Babies to see what exactly they are.
I love to learn and research....it's what I did with Graham.  If a condition, procedure or any word came up, I not only looked it up, I learned it!  Even if it involved blood and gore, however, when it comes to "science things" that involve disection, surgery - biopsy - I go off of my prior knowledge of directing worms in high school and passing out; I try to stay as smart as a 3rd/4th grader for my students.

Last week with my new team of Doctors at UT Southwestern...headed by my new Dr. Patel that I LOVE, took me back to the OR and went in for the biopsy.  While in there, Dr. Patel not only found "Janet Babies" that she was able to take a good biopsy of and send to pathology, but she also found "other inflamed cells."  I am anxiously waiting for the for path report to come back to see all that is going on and start my plan of attack.  These other cells that are inflamed are nothing to be scared of yet...whew.

I have always been a "weakling" when it came to pain meds....i have a LOOOOOWWWWWW tolerance.  And through these past few months, just how low has been not only very apparent, but very annoying at times.  I feel drunk constantly...and not only drunk, but full of energy.  And apparently this is an actual dysfunction!  This condition, known as postoperative cognitive dysfunction effects a lot of people (up to 40% of patients over 60) and can sit in someone's system for up to 6 months!!!  No thank you!  I'm done not being able to focus and function.  It's so bad, I do not have the mental capability to plan even the simplest of things!!!!  And now that I'm on a Quest to "Get my swamp back!"  this anesthesia issue is hindering it. Cutting an apple was very interesting!

Today starts a week that I have been looking forward too, hopefully on Friday, after the "neuro, tumor board meets" at UT Southwestern we will have a better grasp of what all is going on in my head and a PLAN




1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for a plan that will bring your relief and healing!

    ReplyDelete